Natural Foods Store Manager, Amelia Island, Fl
About the job
Serving Amelia Island , Florida since 1985, Nassau Health Foods stocks our area’s most complete selection of natural foods and has a large selection of supplements representing the finest national brands. We offer 5,000 sq. ft. of retail space, with potential to grow to 8,000 sq. ft and include bulk items, refrigerated and frozen foods, and a full line of organic produce. Our Mustard Seed Café is an extension of our continued commitment to provide our customers with the freshest, most flavorful and nutritious, all natural and organic food choices on Amelia Island.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced hands-on General Manager. The General Manager leads all store staff and is accountable for all department operations, with the goal of providing a healthful environment and rewarding experience for our customers. While there is important administrative work to do, Store Managers spend 75% of their time in the aisles working with employees and helping customers.
Our Priorities and Expectations
- Customer Service: Exceed our customers’ expectations for service and provides a welcoming environment for all in accordance with Nassau Health Foods’ customer service standards.
- Adaptability: Deal with frequent change, manage competing demands, and handle unexpected events with a positive attitude.
- Leadership: Inspire, train and support staff in their professional growth. Solicit and incorporate feedback from customers and staff.
- Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, looking for ways to improve and promote quality, and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity: Meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ethics: Work with integrity and ethics, inspiring trust and upholding organizational values.
- Recruit, hire, develop, mentor and motivate staff.
- Reinforce with your staff our dual mission of education and good nutrition.
- Understand, respect, and teach the core values of Nassau Health Foods.
- Maintain a primary focus on customer service.
- Oversee daily ordering and receiving to achieve correct stock levels.
- Adjust product mix, stock levels, and merchandising to achieve revenue goals.
- Supervise all store departments to ensure optimal performance levels
- Maximize productivity and efficiency through proper scheduling.
- Achieve required sales, margin, expense, and labor targets.
- Work a minimum of one closing shift per week and one weekend day per month.
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized working and shopping environment.
- Comply with all regulations including labor, health, measures and safety.
- Support and participate in employee training programs.
- Communicate and report to Store Owner as needed.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 3 years of grocery supervision experience.
- Must have computer skills and be able to operate necessary equipment.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of dietary supplements, natural and organic foods desired.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
All career inquiries are confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can apply via email at email@example.com
About Amelia Island
Located just off the coast of northeast Florida, Amelia Island is easy to reach, but hard to forget. With 13-miles of beautiful beaches, abundant native wildlife, and pristine waters, this barrier island has long been a beloved destination for visitors and residents alike. Amelia was voted #5 among Top 10 North American Islands by Conde Nast Traveler’s 2010 Reader’s Choice Awards. For more information on this amazing place go to: