Job Description: Assistant Store manager
Job Profile and General Description
An assistant manager is responsible for all the tasks delegated to the store manager when the store manager is absent from the workplace. An assistant manager provides support to the store manager in managing the store’s daily operations and serves as an immediate supervisor of all department heads. Most significantly the assistant manager serves as our store’s front end manager and therefore must possess cash handling and customer resolution experience. Ideally, either the assistant manager or store manager is on the store premises at all times Monday through Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in all associates in the store’s daily operation.
- Assume the front end manager duties to ensure proper cash control, customer service, and cashier service/front counter productivity.
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies, programs and procedures.
- Ensure energy conservation procedures are being followed.
- Ensure prompt and timely execution of monthly distributor sales.
- Properly manage inventory dates to prevent product expiration.
- Responsible for proper stock rotation as it applies to close dated items, including dairy and freezer product.
- Ensure that backstock is properly cleared from stockroom each week.
- Responsible for proper ordering and inventory control for assigned vendors and distributors.
- Observe and ensure compliance with company security, safety, loss prevention and food safety standards.
- Treat all store information as strictly confidential.
- Oversee the training and development of assigned associates and support the developmental needs of store associates.
- Train new associates in store policies, departmental procedures and job duties.
- Support and execute a superior customer service program by demonstrating and seeking associate compliance with the following:
- Provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner whenever the encounter takes place in the store.
- Make an effort to learn customer’s names and address them by name whenever possible.
- Assist customers by ( examples include):
- escorting them to the products they’re looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the customers’ shopping experience
- answer the telephone promptly and provide friendly helpful service to customers who call
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have natural foods retail experience.
- Must have computer skills and be able to operate necessary equipment.
- Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of dietary supplements, natural and organic foods desired.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
All career inquiries are confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Please print the application and bring it in to 833 TJ Courson Road or mail.